Custom Search

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Just One of Those Weeks

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much."
---- Mother Teresa

This has basically been my theme all week. No one's died or been hurt -- I'm just feeling a little overwhelmed. (Just so you know, I am in NO WAY comparing myself to Mother Teresa!)

Here's a rundown:

Monday -- My daughter pooped, and it soaked through her pants. While I was changing her, she stuck her hand down into her diaper, and wiped it all over the wall. That was fun.
-- I thought it would be ok to put my daughter in bed without pants. It wasn't. She removed her diaper for the FIRST TIME EVER. Sheet, blankets, mattress cover, mattress, and even her teddy bear were totally covered in pee. And this was just an hour nap.
-- My son found my paints in the closet, and used them without permission. I found a big, blue spill all over the hardwood floor upstairs and the bathroom wall. There's still blue paint in the cracks that I can't get out.

Tuesday -- My daughter shoved a hand towel into the potty downstairs. (It was clean water, at least.)
-- Later, my daughter shoved her hands into the potty downstairs. (It was NOT clean. My son forgot to flush.)
-- My son got into a coughing fit and threw up all over his bed -sheet, blankets, mattress cover, mattress) He IS ok -it was just one of those things.

Wednesday -- I put my son's Claritin onto the table, intending to give it to him that morning. After I made his snack, I reached for it, and it literally disappeared. I searched the counter (I remembered right where I left it), the floor, and the rug --nothing. Later, after I was cleaning the floor from my daughter's lunch, I saw her reach for something and put it in her mouth. I ran over and grabbed her, but whatever she had she swallowed. So, fearing the worst, I called Poison Control, the Claritin hotline (which was NO help, by the way), her doctor, and my best friend. (I was scared!!) Everyone (except Claritin) assured me she was ok and to just watch her. She is fine. I still have no idea if she found that pill.

Thursday --Woke up at 5 a.m. because of increased pain in my shoulder and neck. It was feeling better yesterday, but this morning I was almost in tears over it. I guess I slept wrong. (It's MUCH better now.)
-- Today, after carrying my daughter, I discovered I was covered in poop. Thanks to a leaky diaper and a diaper cover that just didn't do much. Oh, did I mention I had been carrying her through the neighborhood and talking to people? Yeah. That must have made a good impression.

So, combine all this fun and excitement with running errands, going to activities, housework, cooking, laundry, caring for and entertaining the children (a couple of those days included more children than my own), handling fits from BOTH children, and making much-needed phone calls.

I know life could be worse --a lot worse! It's not even that it was horrible week or an upsetting week -- just tiring. And with school letting out soon, I know it's going to be more hectic.

Not too long ago, someone asked me what I did all day, and if I got bored. They told me that I should at least get a part-time job, "just so I would have something to do".

Now that I look back on it, I should have strangled him with my bare hands.

:-)

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos