Custom Search

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Terrifying Toddler Vs. Everyone(?)

I was really, really hoping that yesterday was just a "freak" moment of bad behavior in my daughter's life.

But, today, it continues...

I think she's entering the "terrible 2's" full-force.

Come to think of it, I've noticed some changes in her behavior the past few weeks. It started with tantrums out of nowhere. At first, they would merely last seconds...now...minutes...several minutes...

She's also started banging her head on the floor when she doesn't get her way. And that leaves a lovely bruise right in the middle of her forehead. She'll hit her head on the floor so hard (on purpose) that I can hear it. That makes her scream louder and bonk harder. Apparently, I'm supposed to ignore this, but I'm finding that hard to do.

I'm hoping...so hoping...that she can keep it together while at mommy's morning out-at the very least!

You know...that parenting class I'm taking doesn't really cover this age group. I guess they think we should know what to do by now. If I am supposed to know, then I'm in big trouble, because I have absolutely no idea.

My son threw screaming fits where he would just go "boneless" and roll around. No head banging...no biting other children (just me on occasion)...no hair pulling... no scratching. This is all new. Lucky me.

I thought my daughter had a future in politics, because of the way she was so social with everyone. Now, I'm thinking...

Professional Wrestler (?)

Oh, I hope not...I sooo hope she grows out of this and fast...like by tomorrow...

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos