Custom Search

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration

Today is Inauguration Day. I asked my son if he would be watching the ceremony at school, and he didn't know. I guess they haven't talked much about it. He's only in kindergarten, after all.

I don't remember ever watching an inauguration at school. I remember seeing Ronald Reagan get shot on tv when I was in the second grade. I remember seeing the shuttle blow up when I was in seventh grade. And I remember watching coverage of Desert Storm while I was a senior in high school. But...never an inauguration.

When I was in college, someone had put the inauguration of Clinton on tv in the common room of our girl's dorm. There were two people actually watching and around twelve people hissing and booing. (I was not among those booing, although I felt like it.)

I did watch George W. Bush get inaugurated both times. I was home then and not working (for a paycheck). It was long, but I enjoyed seeing it.

And, so today, I did watch a little, because I felt like it was a historic moment. But it is hard to watch someone when you feel they don't support the things that you feel are important in your life.

Anyway, no matter your views, here is a site devoted to daily prayer for our president and nation, if you would like to check it out.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos