Custom Search

Monday, January 19, 2009

I'm Losing It Today

The "it" refers to my sanity.

Both children are home for the holiday, and they are wreaking havoc on my nerves. I now know why there are people on the street that talk and argue with themselves. They had children, and the children took every shred of sanity they had. I'll be one of those people. I know it. It will be soon.

My daughter is trying to take a nap. She doesn't nap well. If an ant coughs outside, she hears it and wakes up. Seriously. She's that light of a sleeper.

My plan was to have her down while my son watches the Scooby-Doo marathon on Boomerang, so I can get my shower and get ready. Well, plans just don't fly around here.

I just get out of the shower, when here comes my son. I feel him before I hear him or see him. He jumps on each step (wooden) and the entire second floor vibrates. Then, he stomps down the hallway -opening and closing as many doors as he can. He doesn't need to --he just does it for fun. He comes in and yells for me.

Me: "You have to be quiet. Your sister is sleeping. Please don't wake her. I need to get ready."

(Off in the distance...."Waaaahhhh")

Me: "Great. She's up."

Him: "Sorry, but I have to tell you something."

Me: "What?"

Him: "Scooby is coming on."

Me: (sigh) "Thanks."

(Waaaaahhhhhhh)

That all-important Scooby-bulletin cost me some much needed time. I need all the time I can get to get ready. If you saw me, you would know this.

Their dad wants me to take them out today. "Take them to the library, K-mart, whatever...just get them out."

Ok. Meanwhile, there's ten tons of laundry waiting for me, one crazy dirty home, and my parenting books needs finished. (No kidding.) So, let me just find my magic wand under all this crap, and get everything done that needs to be done and make everyone happy.

Uh-huh.

Anyway, I brought my daughter in to the bathroom while I got ready, so that I could hear her screaming up close. That always helps me to relax.

I watched her yawn no less that eight times in twenty minutes, and tried unsuccessfully to put her back to bed twice. The third time was a charm, and now she's asleep. (Thank goodness!) So, now I'm going to try and do some laundry, make a list for the grocery store, and clean up downstairs before she wakes up.

She'll wake up before I even get downstairs. I can almost guarantee it.

Tomorrow -school for both! Hooray!!!

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos