Custom Search

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Bus Stop

My son has taken to riding the school bus. I don't know why.

When I was little, I hated to ride the bus. It was a long, horrible form of punishment (as far as I was concerned). I thought I was doing my son a favor by never asking him to endure such cruelty. Turns out, I'm "mean" because I hadn't let him ride it.

Yes. "Mean."

So, Friday was his first day. We waited patiently at the stop. (Well, I waited patiently. My daughter squirmed, fussed, screamed, and flailed around.) When he got off the bus, I was waiting for "Mommy, I don't want to ride again." Instead I got, "I love it! Can I keep riding the bus?"

Love it?! The bus?! The school bus?!

"Uh...sure."

So, there you have it. No more golf cart rides home in the fresh air (ok, so it's freezing right now, it will get better!), with plenty of room in the back seat, minimal noise, and my semi-full attention. No, he's trading it all for a cramped space, assigned seat, and plenty of noise and bus fumes. Yeah...I see the appeal. *rolling eyes*

Well, we'll just see how long it takes for him to get tired of it. I give him one week...two at the most.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos