Custom Search

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Where Am I?

Ok.

This Christmas play tonight was like nothing I've ever seen. I've seen Broadway shows that would pale to this. Elaborate costumes, incredible singers, dance numbers, high-tech props, light show...

There. Are. No. Words.

There were even golf carts and a Beatles' impersonator singing "Sgt. Pepper" and "Jude". And this was a church play! Yes, the manger scene was in it, as was the crucifixion... and they did an excellent job, too.

I just wasn't prepared for such a "show".

My husband and I looked at each other when "Paul McCartney" came out to sing. I just needed verification that I wasn't hallucinating. I gave him that "what-is-going-on?" look, and he just shrugged his shoulders. My husband is Jewish, so I think he was looking at me for some answers. I had none.

The big finale included; people dressed as poinsettias, snowmen, snowflakes, presents, toy soldiers, clowns, etc. Oh, and Santa was there - with his wife -pulled in a sleigh by people dressed as reindeer all while fake snow was dropping from the ceiling.

No words...really...

But, believe it or not, it all came together and the Christmas message wasn't lost. Honestly, it wasn't. I've just never seen it presented quite that way before.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos