Custom Search

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

A Lesson on Jefferson

Actual conversation with my son today on the golf cart:

Him: "Jefferson was a man from Virginia."

Me: "That's right."

Him: "Just like me."

Me: "Right."

Him: "He was smart, too."

Me: "Just like you."

Him: "Right."

Me: "He was the third president of the United States."

(A few seconds of silence...)

Him: "He was a president?"

Me: "Yes."

Him: "Wow -I didn't know George Jefferson used to be the president!"

Me: "Thomas! Thomas Jefferson!! Not George. That was a tv show!"

Him: "Thomas Jefferson was on tv?"

...silence...

Me: "Hey... look at that squirrel over there!"

When in doubt, use distraction.

It was like Laurel and Hardy. Really. And, by the way, to my knowledge, my child has never watched "The Jeffersons", so I have no idea what that was all about.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos