Custom Search

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Cutting Back

While at my son's little league game today, my husband informed me that he had to take a significant pay cut at work. He went on to say that all the employees had to do this or else there would be more layoffs.

He sort of shrugged when he told me, and I could tell that he was trying to play it down so I wouldn't worry.

Then, he went on to say, "But you knew this already. It happened two months ago."

Two months ago?

He said he told me the day it happened, but I know he didn't. How would I not remember something like that? I think it was one of those situations where he thought so much about it, that he exactly convinced himself that he told me. I've actually done that before, so I can understand.

Either that, or he just wanted to avoid the whole conversation, so he never tell me. I've done that, too.

Anyway, he kept acting like it's no big deal, and we're fine, but he's the type to keep his emotions in check. I know he's concerned. Who isn't concerned about the economy right now? Regardless -- we're fortunate to even have an income, so I should be very happy for that...and I am.

I am very happy for that.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos