Custom Search

Friday, March 27, 2009

My Juvenile Delinquents

I am so ready for this week to be over.

It has been tiresome.

First, the deal with my daughter. Thursday, I went to her school and stayed there for about an hour and a half. This was requested to me by the director, so that I could discipline her or something... I don't know. (One minute I think she's out, then they ask for this... so who knows?)

There were a couple of incidents, but not really a big deal. There were incidents with most of them. I mean --they are toddlers. They're chaotic, by nature.

The director asked me how it went, so I simply told her just what I wrote -couple of incidents; no big deal. Her response?! (Oh, this really got me.) "Well, it was because you were in there."

Um... what?

She was better, because I was there? The other kids were more chaotic, because I was there? (That's exactly what she said!) Ok.... if that's your reasoning, then why did you ask me to come? If you think everyone's behavior will be misrepresented by my presence why did you request it?! AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

So, I told my husband that I was done. It's the end of March, she'll be out soon anyway... end of story. I am taking her to the Easter egg hunt next week, though. I'll be there the whole time (causing a huge disruption, I imagine... *rolling eyes*), I promised to bring some things, and I think my daughter will enjoy it.

Secondly, I received a phone call from my son's teacher yesterday. Seems as if he wasn't listening well and wouldn't stop talking in class. She said the whole class seemed to be "off", and it wasn't a big deal, but she has to let a parent know the first time their child doesn't receive a "smiley face" for behavior.

His teacher is very nice, friendly, and was basically laughing about my son. (Not in a mean way.) Apparently, he can't leave the girls alone, and that's who he kept talking with all during class.

This is not news to me. I know how he operates. He has one girl as his "girlfriend", but he's going to marry a different girl in class, he told me.

Me: "Why aren't you boyfriend/girlfriend with that other girl then?

Him: "Oh, she's with my friend, so I have to wait."

I think I'm in trouble here.

(By the way, in his world, boyfriend/girlfriend means it's ok if you talk to that person a lot.)

If we can just keep it at that level for several years, then I can live with that.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos