Custom Search

Monday, December 01, 2008

We're Home

After an exhausting week of driving to and from West Virginia, then coming home (briefly) and flying to New York, we are finally home. Yay!

I hate to fly, by the way. I am a horrible passenger. With every little air bubble we hit, I grow yet another grey hair. We had turbulence on our flight home last night, and I swear I thought I was going to pass out. I think my husband was hoping that I would just so he could regain circulation in his right arm.

On one flight many years ago, I was sitting with this nice lady that was noticing my "discomfort". She gave me the standard line about planes being safer than automobiles and that it was all run on purely scientific methods...blah...blah...blah...still not helping...

Well, she went on to tell me to just close my eyes and "go to my happy place". (Yes, she actually said that.) And to just imagine that the plane was just a big bus hitting potholes in the sky. Um... strangely enough that didn't help, either. There's just something about knowing I'm in a really, really heavy object hurling thousands of feet above land that makes me insanely scared.

Well, anyway, I'm here with my feet on the ground and that makes me happy.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos