Custom Search

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Resolutions

2009 Pictures, Images and Photos

So, it's that time of year again...time to make "New Year's Resolutions". Usually, I dread this. I'm an "All or Nothing" type of girl, so when I fail to keep my resolutions (and I usually do), then I just throw the whole thing out the window. Basically, I figure, that I'm setting myself up for failure. This year, however, I'm doing things a little differently. This year I have a theme...

"Make An Effort"

Yeah...that's it...

This year I'm going to make an effort to:

...look a little nicer. I know, I know, I'm the last person in the world to say this (seeing as how I am firmly against dressing up to end up getting puked on or put on makeup just to change a poopy diaper), but I'm going to try. Even if I only end up putting a little lip gloss on or foregoing my usual sweats for nicer jeans, then I've met my goal. I figure if I put a little more effort on myself, then maybe I'll feel better about myself. What can I say? It's an experiment.

...spend more alone time with my husband. Right now, I believe my husband and I average around 5-10 minutes a day alone with one another. Yes, I'm serious. We only go out around twice a year. So, I'm willing to try and get a babysitter once a month just for us. I know it can get expensive, but I think it's necessary.

...meet more people. Being a stay-at-home mom is one lonely job. Yes, I love my children, and I love spending time with them, but, let's face it, we all need to play with people our own age. When I first moved here, I joined everything that came my way in an effort to make some new friends. Yes, I met some nice people, but didn't find a good fit for myself in the groups. I just ended up fading out of every one of them. I basically went from being "gung ho" to a hermit, with the exception of a few nice people here and there that I don't seem to see enough. Anyway, I need to get out more, not just for me, but as a good example for my children, too.

...get healthier. I want to try and exercise more, eat healthier, and lose some weight. That's pretty much it on this one.

...get organized. Wow...big one... I'd like to go through every closet, cabinet, drawer, shelf, basket, and box in my entire house. If I can't find a use for every item there, then I'm throwing it out or giving it away. I'm going to give myself the entire year for this one.

...spend more time alone with my son. When I'm with my son, then my daughter is there. He never seems to get just me alone. My daughter, on the other hand, has my full attention quite often, so I don't need to go that route with her yet. I want to carve out time every day for just my son --even if it's just 20 minutes. And, on the weekends, I'd like to take him somewhere --just the two of us. Hopefully, he'll be on board with this idea, too.

Well, that's all I've come up with for the 2009 edition of resolutions. If I think of any later tonight, then I will add them. Of course, I'll be partying until the wee hours of the morning, and I won't really be computer accessible...hahaha...I'll be in bed by 10:00...that was a complete joke...:-)

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos