Custom Search

Sunday, December 07, 2008

My Favorite Christmas Candy Recipe

I am not a baker -not in any way, shape or form. I can cook...sometimes...when I'm not too distracted by crying, screaming, whining, and just general "child noises". Cooking is not precise. I don't have to measure. I just throw stuff in. On the other hand, accuracy is key with baking. Just not my thing. However, last year I discovered a ton of easy recipes at Family Fun. They have easy crafts, too that my son can do with little or no help. Which is great, because crafting is not my thing either, and I just end up screwing it up when I try to help.
So, anyway, here's a very, very easy Christmas recipe that is absolutely delicious (and addictive!):

Holiday Pretzel Treats

RECIPE INGREDIENTS:

Bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels
Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug
M&M's candy
1. Heat the oven to 170ยบ. Set a number of bite-size, waffle-shaped pretzels (one for each treat) in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, then top each pretzel with an unwrapped Hershey's Kiss or Hershey's Hug.

2. Bake for 4 to 6 minutes (the white chocolate will melt more quickly), until the chocolates feel soft when touched with a wooden spoon. Remove the cookie sheet from the oven and quickly press an M&M's candy into the center of each Kiss.

3. Allow the treats to cool for a few minutes, then place them in the refrigerator to set, about 10 minutes. Place handfuls of the candies in clear plastic bags and tie on colorful ribbons.

*You can see a picture of the finished product here!

And, by the way, check out some other great Christmas cookie and candy recipes at Mommay's Mayhem and enter a recipe of your own to possibly win a giveaway!

1 comment:

jen aka mommay said...

very cool! thanks for participating!

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos