Custom Search

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Family Traditions

Christmas tree Pictures, Images and Photos So, congratulate me --I put up my Christmas Tree today. Hooray.

There's lights on it (it came with lights), and one ornament that apparently got accidentally left on last year. And that's it. I'm searching for my treetopper angel tomorrow and then I'll be done. Oh, yeah...I'm festive...

It's going to get knocked over hundreds of times this season due to a wild kindergartener and a crazy toddler, so why pretty it up? Plus, my daughter will just chew on the ornaments (and hooks), so let's just avoid all that. Once my son gets a little calmer and my daughter stops teething, then I'll put the tree up in all it's glory. And, then, I think I'll just leave it up all year like my grandparents.

Yes, they leave it up all year. They just like looking at it. Last spring, my son went to school and told this story about how he and his cousins hid Easter eggs around the Christmas tree. Another mother asked me about it and giggled slightly at my son's "active imagination".

"No...no...he's not making it up. It happened, and it will probably happen for many years to come," I told her.

She looked at me like I was crazy. I just shrugged my shoulders. "So what?" I thought. I bet no other family has an Easter tradition like that!

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos