Custom Search

Monday, September 21, 2009

How's the Pregnancy?

Friday was a fun day. Really. Fun.

First, I go to the bus stop to pick up my son and another mom pulls her golf cart beside mine.

Her: "So, I hear you're pregnant."

Me: Mouth open... nothing coming out.

(I look down at my stomach realizing I've gained a little weight, but... I don't think I'm at that point yet.)

Me: Finally catching my breath "Uh... no"

Her: "Oh, you're not?! I'm sorry. Your son told my son that you were going to have another baby."

(Big sigh)

Me: "No. I can assure you, I am not. I would be in a strait jacket right now if I even thought I might be."

Her: "Why would he say that?"

Me: "Because he made a comment the other day that I looked like I had a baby in my stomach, and he thought he was really funny. I reacted, which he thought was even more hillarious. So, I'm going to assume that he was trying to be funny again."

Her: "Oh. Well, you don't look pregnant."

Yeah...nice save there.

Me: "He also tells my husband that HE looks like he has a baby in his stomach, so just don't listen to him."

She just laughs.

My son gets off the bus. We both confront him. He laughs like he's the funniest person on earth. I just roll my eyes.

There will be no more children. I'm quite sure of that.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos