Custom Search

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Today, So Far

My daughter's day at school was even worse than I had imagined. (Let me tell you -that's hard to do. Usually imagining the very worst possible scenario is something I have down to an art form.)

I want to pull her out before she can inflict any more torture. My husband wants to keep her in, so that she can learn. (For the record, my best friend agrees with my husband.)

Yes, I see their point. It's just really hard to get over that huge wad of hair that was shown to me that my daughter had pulled out of some girl's head. Words can't even express how bad that was. I can't even imagine what that little girl felt.

So now it looks like she'll stay (temporarily), but I will stay with her the entire time -ready to pull her out of the situation at the first sign of attack. Other than that, I have no idea what to do.

I had been very upset and crying when I realized it was time to get my son from the bus. I pulled myself together the best I could and waited for him at the stop.

As usual, I asked him about his day at school.

Me: "Who did you play with at recess?"

Him: "This kid."

o...k...

Me: "Which kid?"

Him: "I don't know. I was playing with this kid and running around, and his pants fell down."

Me: "What?"

Him: "His pants fell down to his ankles, and then he fell over them!"

Me: "That's awful!"

Him: "Yeah, I know. I laughed really hard."

Me: "You laughed at that kid?"

Him: "Sure! It was funny! He laughed, too!"

And then he started laughing again. Then, I started laughing.

If I ever get to meet that kid with the loose pants, I'm going to thank him for putting a smile on my face -even if it was just for a few moments.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos