Custom Search

Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School

For some reason, the "powers that be" in Fayette have decided that the beginning of August is ideal to begin school.

I have no idea what possessed them to have that thought, but I am forced to abide by it.

Yes, there is a part of me that looks forward to having some structure in my day. (Wow -that sounds so boring.) Where I have an hour (maybe more) a day all to myself while my daughter naps. I've missed having that time just to recharge.

There is an even bigger part of me, though that makes me feel for my son. He's nervous about his new teacher, his new class, several new children in the class, having harder work to do, etc. I'm so hoping that when I pick him up from school today, that he will be thrilled about the new year.

"Thrilled" may be shooting for the stars, but I'm still going for it.

Here's an old commercial from Staples that I found from Youtube. You probably remember it. I think it's delightful. My son thinks it's mean. You decide:

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos