Custom Search

Monday, July 20, 2009

A Moment On The Lips...(You Know the Rest)

I'm really doing a great job of keeping this blog up. (Oh, yeah... that's sarcasm you're reading...)

Summer's a tough time -more work, less downtime. Plus, we just don't stay home that much. (If I don't get these kids out of my house as much as possible, they will break every item in it.)

Actually, we just came back from Hilton Head on Saturday. It was fun... semi-relaxing... nice to get away... and, one more thing... I GAINED SEVEN POUNDS ON THIS ONE WEEK TRIP! That's it -just ONE week! How is that possible?

Here's the deal... and this is so sad... I had just reached a milestone in my life that I was beyond excited about it! It was so amazing! I never thought I could do it! And then... I did. But now...(sigh)... now it's over.

I reached the weight on my driver's license.

I hadn't been that weight since late 2000 - early 2001!

I keep telling myself that I did it once, so I can do it again.

We'll see.

We'll just see.

But here's the part that truly blows my mind: Last week... when I gained the weight... I was walking at least five miles daily, biking almost daily, swimming, and even parasailing (fear burns calories, right?).

So here's what I want to know:

1) How much did I actually eat? We must be talking supersize portions ten times a day! I bet sumo wrestlers couldn't keep up with my appetite.

2) How much would I have gained had I NOT exercised at any point?! Now, THAT is a scary thought. Truly, truly frightening.

So, that's where I am in my life right now... desperately clinging to the hope of reaching that precious goal...

Yet all I can think about is my son's leftover birthday cake in the freezer.

This isn't going to end well, is it?

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos