Custom Search

Friday, June 05, 2009

A Better Body in a Month??

I've heard that your body is a temple, but lately I've been treating mine more like an all-you-can-eat buffet.

With vacation fast approaching, I feel even more pressure to lose. Last year on the beach, a group of college-aged women parked themselves near me. I felt like I was the "before" and they were the "after". It's amazing what fifteen additional years and two children can do to a body... not to mention thousands of fast food meals and ice cream cones.

I was actually doing much better with my eating and exercising until last week. My mother came to visit. She's like a little devil on my shoulder whispering things like -"Let's not cook, it's hot outside. Run over to Chick-fil-a and get us a meal... and a milkshake."

So, off I would go... ever the courteous hostess trying to please her guest. (Alright... so it didn't take that much goading!)

I think vacationing to the beach brings out fear and dread for most women. In fact, just purchasing a bathing suit, can give me a panic attack. But if I expect to get into the water, then it has to be done. Because of a disastrous incident that happened years ago involving my unintentionally threadbare bathing suit and my even more unintentional bared backside (let's just say these poor witnesses will probably need therapy for a long, long time), I feel pressured to buy a suit every year.

In my desperation to lose those "last few pounds" (do we ever really get there?), I discovered a drink recipe that is supposed to reduce bloating and cleanse the system. It tasted like crabgrass with a slight hint of ginger. The recipe states that you are supposed to drink it twice a day for seven days. *gag* There's no way. If anyone wants the recipe to try it for themselves, then email me, and I'll be happy to pass it on. Just be warned. That's all I'm saying.

So, with a little over a month to go until I'm beachbound, I suppose I'll have to rely on willpower to get me to where I want to be.

Great.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos