Custom Search

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Country Kiev Chicken

It's well known around here that my daughter will eat the nastiest things; dirt, bugs, acne cream, trash... I'm convinced that she's part goat/part trash compactor. If she keeps this habit when she gets older, then she's going to win A LOT of dares.

Anyway, it can be quite hurtful when I fill her little plate at dinner, and she won't eat it. (Come on -I've seen her stick her face in a bowl of cat food!) When it comes to actual "food", she can be a little picky. I was very pleased when I came across this recipe for "Country Kiev Chicken". It is so simple to make, and the apple juice "sauce" made it extremely juicy. I didn't think she was going to stop eating it!

Here's the recipe:

Country Kiev Chicken (courtesy of The Joy of Hospitality Cookbook)

1/2 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 c. butter, melted
1/4 c. apple juice
1/2 c. sliced green onions
1/4 c. parsley

--Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
--Mix bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings. (Personal note -- I use "seasoned bread crumbs" instead of the regular and just left out the other seasonings.)
--Dip chicken breasts into melted butter, then into bread crumb mixture to coat.
--Place in a pan and bake for 20 minutes.
--Mix remaining butter with apple juice, green onions, and parsley.
--Pour mixture over cooked breasts and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.

It's nothing fancy, but it tastes pretty good!

1 comment:

crystal said...

It sounds just wonderful! We seem to have chicken so often and I am always looking for a new way to prepare it. Thanks for the recipe :-)

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos