Custom Search

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Butterfinger Cake (Bart Simpson Cake)

On Easter, we were treated to a delicious family meal at my grandmother's (where I didn't have to cook a thing -yay!). For dessert, she made this cake that was so good, I thought I was actually tasting a little bit of heaven. She called it a "Bart Simpson Cake", but it's usually known as a "Butterfinger Cake". It looks super easy to make, too -which is a HUGE incentive for me to try and make it. Here's the recipe:

Butterfinger Cake (aka Bart Simpson Cake)

1 prepared angel food cake, crumbled
1/2 cup butter
4 large egg yolks

2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (16-ounce) container whipped topping
8 (2.1-ounce) Butterfinger candy bars

Crush Butterfinger candy bars (while still in wrappers ) using a rolling pin.
Cream butter, egg yolks, sugar and vanilla.

Stir in whipped topping.
Layer a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with half the cake crumbs; next layer with half the creamed mixture, then sprinkle with half the crumbled Butterfinger® candy. Repeat in same order with last half of ingredients.
Chill for at least an hour before serving.
Makes 12 to 16 servings.


I have no idea what the calorie count is. If anyone figures it out, don't tell me. It makes it easier for me to enjoy this cake when in a state of ignorant bliss.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos