Custom Search

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Fat Camp Didn't Take

This past week, I have been consistently active at our little "boot camp". Basketball, volleyball, tennis... those were just some of the sports we played on my son's winter break.

After all that activity, I was so anxious to step on that scale this morning. And guess what? I gained two pounds. I. GAINED. TWO. POUNDS. How is that possible? I am so frustrated!

I have been trying to take off 10.. ok... maybe 15... or so... pounds since 1998. I think the only way I'm going to lose this weight is if I cut off an appendage.

When I express my frustrations to my husband, he has these sweet words to comfort me -"Actually, with the way you eat, I think your metabolism must work REALLY well."

OK. Fine. So, I'm not a dainty eater. Big deal. I'm not one of those girls that will take two bites of broccoli and pronounce herself "stuffed". Sorry. Not me. I do eat healthy... or at least semi-healthy most of the time. I suppose I could do better.

... Yeah... I could do better.

But what can I say? Eating is my passion. How do you stop yourself from enjoying "your passion"? I don't know. If I somehow dig down deep and find that motivation to walk away from that bag of cheetos (that my husband buys!) or that box of girl scout cookies (that I bought out of the goodness of my heart to help them!), then maybe... just maybe... those pounds will disappear.

Or maybe I just finally accept those extra pounds.

Hmm... it could go either way at this point.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos