Custom Search

Thursday, February 19, 2009

... And It's Thursday...

Today has been one of those days where I have to stop myself from running out the house and screaming.


My son has had an attitude problem all day. What started it off is when my daughter tore off two blank sheets of paper he had taped to the inside of his closet.


When I finally calmed him down a bit, I asked him why they were even there. His response? "I was trying to make the inside of the closet soft and fluffy, so my costumes hanging on the door wouldn't get ripped!"


Huh?


Sometimes I understand him, and sometimes I don't.


My daughter, meanwhile, found and then decided to dump out the entire contents of my jewelry box and spread it out on the closet floor. I'm still missing a few things.

I've endured a lot this week - pizza sauce in my hair, poop on my clothes, chocolate milk dumped on the carpet, and someone (haven't narrowed it down to which one yet) wiped their snotty nose on my nice black bra that was hanging on the door of my closet.

Now, I realize all these things are not that big of a deal, and they just go along with motherhood. I also know that one day -ONE DAY -I will be laughing about all this. However, today is just not that day.

Things are getting to me... seriously getting to me. I'm really, REALLY hoping that my husband is not working late tonight after all, because all I want to do is lie in bed and stare at the ceiling for an hour in complete and total silence. I know that doesn't exactly sound like the epitome of fun for most people, but for me... now... today... it sounds like heaven!

My daughter is waking up from her nap, and I hear my son scooting a chair along the kitchen floor for some unknown reason. I believe that's my cue to go. Wish me luck. I need all I can get.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos