Custom Search

Sunday, January 04, 2009

Back to Normal

I'm home, I'm tired, and there's way too much work to do around here. Yes, it's definitely back to normal. Yay.

Do you ever just look at your house and what you need to do and get this feeling of being completely and totally overwhelmed? That's me. That's me...a lot actually... There's just not enough time in the world to get everything done that needs to be. You ever notice how magazines are constantly telling you things that you need to do or should do that "will take only minutes a day and will make your life easier"? They range from little cleaning tricks to massaging cellulite. Then they also tell you things that you need to do that will take just a little more time - kid's crafts, organizing, saving money, blah, blah, blah. If one person would do every little exercise, craft, housecleaning job, or beauty tip that they list...well, I suppose they just wouldn't sleep, eat, or go to the bathroom. Why do magazines do that? Is it them or am I just too easily irritated? Hmmm....probably both...

I just think that some of these magazines or tv shows aimed at women put too much pressure on us. They say our makeup has to be perfect along with the latest hairstyle and fashions, plus we need to spend more time with our kids, our friends, our spouse, our jobs, and don't forget to exercise and keep the perfect house! Aaaaahhhhh (that's me screaming)!!! Do men's magazines do this? I don't really know. I've never looked through one. I've always just assumed they were full of sports, stock tips, and scantily clad women.

Oh, well, enough of this. Actually, I think I will lay down. Just thinking about all this has made me exhausted.

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos