Custom Search

Monday, December 15, 2008

VH1 Revelations

So, I was watching "Rock of Love: Charm School" last night (please don't judge me!), and Sharon Osbourne said something to make me think. It went along the lines of "how you look on the outside is a reflection of who you are on the inside." Hmm...

I think that explains why I'm sick all the time. My insides must be a complete mess. So, I guess a New Year's resolution is in order.

Sharon says (yes, I actually listen), that we need to take a few minutes to get ourselves together in the morning. Now, I suppose that's good advice. However, Sharon has wardrobe consultants, hair and makeup people, and a load of plastic surgery. If I had all that, I could dish out random advice about looking good, too.

Taking care of children all day, cleaning a house, doing laundry, running errands, cooking meals, and life in general as a "normal" person can suck the pretty right out of you.

Now, does that mean I shouldn't try to look nice? No, I should try more often. I should make more of an effort. And, I will eventually.

It's all about priorities. And at this moment, I'm sitting down and comfortable, and that's not a luxury I want to give up, especially not for a few swipes of makeup or several minutes of hot rollers. Forget it.

Maybe next year...maybe...

No comments:

You lie Pictures, Images and Photos